Veiw From Park Behind House
Marblehead Summer House Accommodations
My Grandfather bought the house in the 1930's and the family would spend their summers here. This is where I grew up and my parents lived for 50 years. Each of the 5 units include a private full bath, some also include a kitchenette. With the exception of the 3rd Floor Suite the baths do not have showers. They have the original long claw-foot soaking tubs. So, enjoy the bath! (all soaking tubs have European faucets with a shower wand, so you can sit and shower if you like!) Our rates are shown below the pictures. We have a two night minimum. Occasionally we will agree to a one night stay, but in that case we need to add an up-charge to help with the cost of the maid and laundry service.
If you're visiting New England for the history, it's not a modern vacation hotel you're looking for. An experience here should focus on tradition more than anything, so you can be transported back in time to when the original founders of Salem, Marblehead, Boston and Harvard University lived here. The rooms at the Marblehead Summer House offer just that.
Our seasonal accommodations come with high-speed Wi-Fi, cable, 32' flat screens and A/C. Each of the 5 units also include a private full bath, some also include a kitchenette. With the exception of the 3rd Floor Suite, the baths do not have showers. They have the original long claw-foot soaking tubs, and all soaking tubs have European faucets with a shower wand, so you can sit and shower if you like!
We offer a variety of options so there's a place for everyone. Our low, competitive rates can be found below next to the corresponding suites. But if you have any comments or questions, don't hesitate to ask - we strive to make our customers' experiences as comfortable and exciting as possible.
My grandfather bought the house in the 1930's and the family would spend their summers here. This is where I grew up and my parents lived for 50 years. But the house itself has been here since 1717 - a rarity in the historic district of Marblehead MA, the birthplace of the American Navy and The Yachting Capital of the World. So come check out a history like none other.
For more information on our inns and lodging, contact Marblehead Summer House today!
- Suite: "3rd Floor" (3 bed private rooms, 2 Queens, 1 Twin, kitchenette, Walk in Shower, Lg Deck, sleeps 5, 6 with inflatable)
- Room: "N-1" (Queen Bed, Private Bath - no kitchenette)
- Room: "S-1" (Queen Bed, Private Bath - no kitchenette)
- Suite: "S-2" (One Queen and One Twin bed, Private Bath, kitchenette)
Room: "N-1" (Queen bed - no kitchenette)
Room: "S-1" (Queen Bed - no kitchenette)
|1st & 2nd
Suite: "S-2" (One Queen and One Twin bed with kitchenette)
(Toaster, Coffee Maker, Micro and Fridge, Stove is decorative only)
Back door opens to the yard, CrockerPark and the harbor
|1st & 2nd
Internet Explorer 8 users - Click here to view the:
Suite: "3rd Floor" - 3 bed private rooms, 2 Queens, 1 Twin, kitchenette, Walk in Shower,
Large Deck and private entrance to back yard and Crocker park
(sleeps 5, 6 with inflatable)
Suite: "3rd Floor"
This floor is different from the others in the house. Unlike the first two stories
which were built in 1757 by Samuel Glover using hired help, it was built prior
to 1717 most likely by the owner, George Slocomb, who was a Carpenter and Shoreman. It originally consisted of 3 private rooms plus a sitting room. With an addition made in the 60's it now consist of 5 rooms plus a large back deck and rear stairs.
(If you will have a child under the age of 13 visiting in this unit we require the parents to sign
a waiver due to the height of this unit.)
3 Private Bedrooms; Two bedrooms each with a Queen bed,
One bedroom with a twin, a sitting room, private bath room with large
walk-in shower, kitchenette, and dinning area, spacious deck,
private entrance to the back yard and harbor-side Crocker Park with unique views of lower Old Town. Sleeps 5 very comfortably.
This unit can be booked with your choice of either two, or three bedrooms! With the two bedroom configuration one of the bedrooms with a Queen Bed is locked off, leaving a one bedroom with a Queen Bed, and one with a Twin Bed. Rates are adjusted accordingly. See the "Rates and Availability" link at the end of this page.
"John John Room" (Queen Bed)
"Holly Room" (twin bed)
"Nana Room" (Queen Bed)
Kitchen, Bath and Deck
Other Things You Should know:
- All suites are non-smoking, no open flames, no candles, (the houses are too old and too close). There are several smoke detectors throughout the house. Smoke all you like outside!
- You are also welcome to cook in the back yard if you like on a camp stove or grill ! The location this cooking is ONLY at the upper part of the yard near the brown shed. We don't provide these however, but you're welcome to bring one if you like!
- Parking is on the street wherever there are no white lines. You can however stop in front of the house to unload even if there are no spaces available directly in front of the house at the time. People are used to that in "Old Town".
- Suites are serviced before and after your stay, not during it.
- The grocery store, Crosby's , is about a 200 yard walk, go to the Right out the front door then take the 2nd Left into their parking lot.
Units with kitchenettes are equipped with:
- A refrigerator, some in period, some new
- Coffee Maker
- Microwave (stoves are decorative only)